• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern DaySave trip report (29/06/2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkieLover

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2017
Messages
42
Location
London
Hi fellow risers and bashers,

About this time last year (01/07/2023) I bashed a DaySave. I decided to do another today. I wanted to share a trip report this time.

My first train was the 13:24 Farringdon to East Croydon (9T33). Unit number 700115
 

Attachments

  • 20240629_131955.jpg
    20240629_131955.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SparkieLover

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2017
Messages
42
Location
London
Second train:

I then decided to take the 14:10 from East Croydon to Oxted (1L36) where I'll change for an Uckfield train.
They 2X377s
 

Attachments

  • 20240629_141020.jpg
    20240629_141020.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240629_143437.jpg
    20240629_143437.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

SparkieLover

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2017
Messages
42
Location
London
Third train

This was the 14:36 to Edenbridge Town (1E27). There I decided to explore the town a bit more. I like it, my gripe is that the public transport is appalling.
 

Attachments

  • 20240629_150021.jpg
    20240629_150021.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8

SparkieLover

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2017
Messages
42
Location
London
An exhausted me saw a 231 bus and impulsively got off at Penshurst. I just missed the train, so I went across the road to kill an hour.
 

Attachments

  • 20240629_164849.jpg
    20240629_164849.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10

SparkieLover

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2017
Messages
42
Location
London
Fifth, and sixth trains.
18:07 (9J47) Redhill to Gatwick Airport
18:31 (1W14) Gatwick Airport to Brighton.

Without rebounding at East Croydon. I have to use two different GTR brands for the most direct route.
 

Attachments

  • 20240629_190313.jpg
    20240629_190313.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240629_190316.jpg
    20240629_190316.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10

SparkieLover

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2017
Messages
42
Location
London
Seventh and eight trains:

I arrived on P7 and on P8 there was the 19:06 (2C56) Seaford local to Moulescoomb. This enabled me to cross over and catch the 19:23 (2C57) back to Brighton. Affording me the stunning views from the viaduct on the approach.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top