Trainguy34
Established Member
Looks like I might have to take a trip to Scotland at some point then!
Fingers crossed it goes well. Well done to you and the team.Let’s hope today goes well and the unit is safely delivered. It will be the culmination of just over two years hard work for me which began with a Teams meeting and then writing a paper to justify why a 313 needed to be designated and then preserved. Following that there were numerous emails with positive results and then a disappointing outcome resulting in the designation being switched. It was a great day when 121 was formally designated but it all went wrong when the intended destination for the unit pulled out.
Thankfully I had an idea for an home and I made it my mission to get everyone who could make this a reality in contact with each other and come up with a plan.
I’ve been involved in seeing a lot of stuff saved over the last three decades but this was a real mission and there were times when it felt like it would all be in vain.
It’s going to be important to me to see it unloaded and in it’s new home. One day I’ll tell the story in more detail of this battle !!
Yes still thereWhat has happened to 201, still at Eastleigh?
Do we know where yet - lots of secrecy about it on Twitter yesterdayJust saw on Facebook that 121 has been safely delivered to her new home
The destination was formally revealed, but I've half forgotten it already - I think it was Fife Heritage Centre?Do we know where yet - lots of secrecy about it on Twitter yesterday![]()
That was the place quoted.The destination was formally revealed, but I've half forgotten it already - I think it was Fife Heritage Centre?
Nothing officially stated but rumblings that one (presumably a 507 as these finish last) will be kept for the expanded Wirral Transport Museum and Dock Branch Park project in Birkenhead.So we have 2 313s, a 314 carriage, and a 315. Are there any plans for a 507/508 to be saved?
What's the other 313 and where?So we have 2 313s, a 314 carriage, and a 315. Are there any plans for a 507/508 to be saved?
313.201 is at Eastleigh and looks to have a futureWhat's the other 313 and where?
Have 202, 214, 217 and 220 been completely scrapped now?Update from the fence. 313203 now split and being readied for scrap. 313211 is now shunted across and is next in line it would seem. Single car from 216 is still sitting there outside the small shed
202 went in June, 220 in July. Not sure about 214 and 217313.201 is at Eastleigh and looks to have a future
Have 202, 214, 217 and 220 been completely scrapped now?
I have 214 down as having been actually scrapped in June 2023. 217 I only have as having moved to Eastleigh in March.202 went in June, 220 in July. Not sure about 214 and 217
Yes the rest of 216 has been cut up at the end of JulyI have 214 down as having been actually scrapped in June 2023. 217 I only have as having moved to Eastleigh in March.
Are we also safe to presume that the rest of 216 has been scrapped from your previous tweet of having seen just the solitary carriage left?
Campbell Road is your only public place to view the 313s from.I'm off to Eastleigh this week so Where's the best place to view the remaining 313's?
Thank youCampbell Road is your only public place to view the 313s from.
Speaking of, 211 is the next unit to go, 213 follows it in the scrap road.
211 was being split yesterday ready for the chop. Last coach of 203 was dealt with yesterday. 313205 is the unit sat on the siding by 213 and has been there over a month now. 313208 has been shunted over and is currently attached to the remaining coach 62608 of unit 313216. Its beginning to look a little empty of 313's now, must be at least half way through them by nowCampbell Road is your only public place to view the 313s from.
Speaking of, 211 is the next unit to go, 213 follows it in the scrap road.
Thanks for the update, Graham211 was being split yesterday ready for the chop. Last coach of 203 was dealt with yesterday. 313205 is the unit sat on the siding by 213 and has been there over a month now. 313208 has been shunted over and is currently attached to the remaining coach 62608 of unit 313216. Its beginning to look a little empty of 313's now, must be at least half way through them by now

313217 is indeed still at Eastleigh. It is on the far right of the holding sidings and is now the only unit on that roadI have 214 down as having been actually scrapped in June 2023. 217 I only have as having moved to Eastleigh in March.
Are we also safe to presume that the rest of 216 has been scrapped from your previous tweet of having seen just the solitary carriage left?
Thanks again Graham313217 is indeed still at Eastleigh. It is on the far right of the holding sidings and is now the only unit on that road
