• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern 377/3s & Southeastern 375/3s and 377/5s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothby97

Established Member
Joined
24 Apr 2011
Messages
1,753
Location
Cleethorpes
Good Evening all.

Can anyone help please with the diagrams/typical route allocations for the Southeastern 3-car 375/3s and their 377/5s, and the 3-car Southern 377/3s? :)

Many thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jnjkerbin

Member
Joined
25 Apr 2012
Messages
842
Location
Down south
I don't have the diagrams, but from experience, the Southeastern 375/3s are primarily on the Strood - Maidstone West/Paddock Wood/Tonbridge sevices and (I believe) the Sittingbourne-Sheerness line. This accounts for most of the 10 units they have, with the remainder appearing on other Mainline services, although I don't have the diagrams.

The Southeastern 377/5s work most of the Maidstone East line services (except the Maidstone East - Blackfriars workings), as well as making some appearances of the other mainline routes out of Victoria.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,397
Good Evening all.

Can anyone help please with the diagrams/typical route allocations for the Southeastern 3-car 375/3s and their 377/5s, and the 3-car Southern 377/3s? :)

Many thanks.
There has been a recent posting about Southeastern 375/3s.


Southern 377/3s do Redhill to Tonbridge (on their own), London Victoria to London Bridge / West Croydon via Crystal Palace (as 10-car 4+3+3, some other Metro workings and I think a peak trip from / to the coast 4x3 has been mentioned.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/southern-timetable-change-september-2022.234827/#post-5775822
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/non-urgent-tops-requests.202237/page-589#post-5836660
 

PaulJ

Member
Joined
20 Jun 2011
Messages
170
375/5s also put in a regular appearance on Gillingham to Victoria stoppers via Denmark Hill.
 

NSE

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2010
Messages
1,920
I don't have the diagrams, but from experience, the Southeastern 375/3s are primarily on the Strood - Maidstone West/Paddock Wood/Tonbridge sevices and (I believe) the Sittingbourne-Sheerness line. This accounts for most of the 10 units they have, with the remainder appearing on other Mainline services, although I don't have the diagrams.

The Southeastern 377/5s work most of the Maidstone East line services (except the Maidstone East - Blackfriars workings), as well as making some appearances of the other mainline routes out of Victoria.
I saw a 377/5 at Blackfriars the other week. Can’t remember what day. Might have been cover/ad hoc or diagramed but I can confirm it was a /5.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,855
Location
West of Andover
I saw a 377/5 at Blackfriars the other week. Can’t remember what day. Might have been cover/ad hoc or diagramed but I can confirm it was a /5.
It might have been one of those random Blackfriars - Maidstone East services
 

brad465

Veteran Member
Joined
11 Aug 2010
Messages
11,555
Location
Taunton or Kent
There are 10x 375/3s at SE (there used to be more before a conversion and cascade to Southern), with 5x typically involved in Medway Valley (3x) and Sheerness (2x) diagrams during the peaks and Saturdays. The others will be either not used or on mainline services; I know at least one 7-car formation is allocated to the Maidstone East line during the week, don't know about the others.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,397
There are 10x 375/3s at SE (there used to be more before a conversion and cascade to Southern),
Point of order - the Southern 377/3s only ever operated as 375/3s on the Southern routes, not the South Eastern routes. Always seemed a bit odd that they didn't follow the same carriage number sequence.
 
Last edited:

LA50041

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2017
Messages
3,205
4 377/3's are now based out of Lovers Walk.
these do 0616 LIT-VIC, 0824 VIC-EBN as 9 car M/F and 12 car TWTh
then in the evening do 1601 BTN-ORE & 1736 ORE-BTN as a 3 car and 1701 BTN-ORE & 1837 ORE-BTN as a 6 car
 

4BEP

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2022
Messages
76
Location
Loose
There has been a recent posting about Southeastern 375/3s.


Southern 377/3s do Redhill to Tonbridge (on their own), London Victoria to London Bridge / West Croydon via Crystal Palace (as 10-car 4+3+3, some other Metro workings and I think a peak trip from / to the coast 4x3 has been mentioned.

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/southern-timetable-change-september-2022.234827/#post-5775822
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/non-urgent-tops-requests.202237/page-589#post-5836660
Sotheastern 375/3s appear on some peak hour SEML services into/out of Charing Cross workong with pairs of 375/6/7/8s.
 

4BEP

Member
Joined
21 Jan 2022
Messages
76
Location
Loose
I don't have the diagrams, but from experience, the Southeastern 375/3s are primarily on the Strood - Maidstone West/Paddock Wood/Tonbridge sevices and (I believe) the Sittingbourne-Sheerness line. This accounts for most of the 10 units they have, with the remainder appearing on other Mainline services, although I don't have the diagrams.

The Southeastern 377/5s work most of the Maidstone East line services (except the Maidstone East - Blackfriars workings), as well as making some appearances of the other mainline routes out of Victoria.
All Maidstone Blackfriars are operated by 377/5.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top