Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Jobs and careers with Southeastern - As a Shunter Driver you will be responsible for ensuring vehicles are shunted/driven and prepared for service. Driving a train carries great responsibility but with that comes pride and achievement, knowing that an invaluable service has been delivered.We’re...
I noticed they have a 'Service Delivery Shunter' role at London Victoria, with a slightly lower salary. Would I be correct in assuming that the Victoria role does not actually include driving. The job description is somewhat vague, but mentions - "carrying out isolations as and when required" and "ensure passenger stock is formed correctly as shown in Carriage Working notice and supplements". I'm fairly new to the railways (ex-aviation), and couldn't seem to find what an 'isolation' is? Any thoughts welcome. Thx
Jobs and careers with Southeastern - To provide correctly marshalled trains at the time laid down and ensure this work is performed safely and to provide a quality and cost-efficient service.To carry out Depot Inductions and Isolations.Working hoursYou will work a varied shift pattern of up to...
I noticed they have a 'Service Delivery Shunter' role at London Victoria, with a slightly lower salary. Would I be correct in assuming that the Victoria role does not actually include driving. The job description is somewhat vague, but mentions - "carrying out isolations as and when required" and "ensure passenger stock is formed correctly as shown in Carriage Working notice and supplements". I'm fairly new to the railways (ex-aviation), and couldn't seem to find what an 'isolation' is? Any thoughts welcome. Thx
Jobs and careers with Southeastern - To provide correctly marshalled trains at the time laid down and ensure this work is performed safely and to provide a quality and cost-efficient service.To carry out Depot Inductions and Isolations.Working hoursYou will work a varied shift pattern of up to...
I am currently awaiting a manager interview after passing my Trainee Driver assessment day in October 2020. Is shunter driver usually a career in which you can progress to mainline? I am just wondering if it is worth applying.
I am currently awaiting a manager interview after passing my Trainee Driver assessment day in October 2020. Is shunter driver usually a career in which you can progress to mainline? I am just wondering if it is worth applying.
So I have just done that exact progression from shunter driver to mainline. Shunter driver is a great job and provided me with all the examples I needed to go mainline. Once you become a shunter driver you have to do it for 2 years before they allow you to go mainline internally via a trainee train driver recruitment advert.
So I have just done that exact progression from shunter driver to mainline. Shunter driver is a great job and provided me with all the examples I needed to go mainline. Once you become a shunter driver you have to do it for 2 years before they allow you to go mainline internally via a trainee train driver recruitment advert.
I noticed they have a 'Service Delivery Shunter' role at London Victoria, with a slightly lower salary. Would I be correct in assuming that the Victoria role does not actually include driving. The job description is somewhat vague, but mentions - "carrying out isolations as and when required" and "ensure passenger stock is formed correctly as shown in Carriage Working notice and supplements". I'm fairly new to the railways (ex-aviation), and couldn't seem to find what an 'isolation' is? Any thoughts welcome. Thx
Jobs and careers with Southeastern - To provide correctly marshalled trains at the time laid down and ensure this work is performed safely and to provide a quality and cost-efficient service.To carry out Depot Inductions and Isolations.Working hoursYou will work a varied shift pattern of up to...
I'm a shunter for GTR, you wont drive but will prep units etc.. it's a very involved and great career. A great step to going to driver too, Isolations are when power is isolated for example in an emergency or during engineering works etc..
Hi there , I have applied also for this position, and my status said inprocce and then changed for incomplete and then someone said confirmed for me its submitted but still says incomplete and now says inprocce after I press view application botten and let me apply again
Was wondering if u have same status?
Hi guys, please any opinion, let understand what's going?
I was wondering if you can help with my application,
Becuse it's really confusing me and I don't know what I need to do ,
Friday the day I applied was in process
Sunday changed for incomplete with ( you not need to do anything at this time )
Monday someone confirmed me it been submitted but still says incomplete
Today still incomplete and someone else says she can't find it
Press view application botten and let me apply for it again and says inprocce
I think it will be back for incomplete again .
Any thoughts?
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Hi there , I have applied also for this position, and my status said inprocce and then changed for incomplete and then someone said confirmed for me its submitted but still says incomplete and now says inprocce after I press view application botten and let me apply again
Was wondering if u have same status?
Well you can’t really do much now as the job has already been removed. You’ll just have to wait and see but what I would say is don’t continually pester the recruitment team, it never goes down well.
Good luck in your endeavours.
Well you can’t really do much now as the job has already been removed. You’ll just have to wait and see but what I would say is don’t continually pester the recruitment team, it never goes down well.
Good luck in your endeavours.
I'm a shunter for GTR, you wont drive but will prep units etc.. it's a very involved and great career. A great step to going to driver too, Isolations are when power is isolated for example in an emergency or during engineering works etc..
We have had a number of issues with members trying to set up duplicate accounts in this forum.
Please note that we only allow one account per person, but if you find yourself in a situation in which you'd like a separate identity for this section then please contact us directly and explain your reasoning or concerns rather than setting up a separate new account.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.