RitishBrail
Member
- Joined
- 7 May 2013
- Messages
- 8
Hello! I'm moving to Tonbridge in January and I'm hoping to buy a Tonbridge - London season ticket in the next few days, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the options on the Southeastern website. The departure station needs to be Tonbridge, and arrival can be into LBG, BFR, CTK or WAE. Putting that into the Southeastern site, two of the options I'm shown are as follows:
Obviously the 'via Redhill' option saves a lot of money, but I can't seem to find a single sensible journey which would justify paying £3,500 per year to travel between Tonbridge and London... via Redhill.
I phoned Southeastern to try and understand the situation and the lad at their callcentre suggested the best route at 8:30 on a weekday using the first ticket would be: Tonbridge - Orpington - London Victoria - Gatwick - London Bridge, which would take around three hours. Surely both he and I have misunderstood the situation? Southeastern can't seriously be selling a ticket that costs £3.5K but which would mean a commute of six hours per day, right?
Any help understanding what on earth the via Redhill ticket is supposed to be for would be great. Is it just a total nonsense ticket? As much as I'd like to save myself £900, I don't much fancy adding five hours to my daily commute!
Thanks
Obviously the 'via Redhill' option saves a lot of money, but I can't seem to find a single sensible journey which would justify paying £3,500 per year to travel between Tonbridge and London... via Redhill.
I phoned Southeastern to try and understand the situation and the lad at their callcentre suggested the best route at 8:30 on a weekday using the first ticket would be: Tonbridge - Orpington - London Victoria - Gatwick - London Bridge, which would take around three hours. Surely both he and I have misunderstood the situation? Southeastern can't seriously be selling a ticket that costs £3.5K but which would mean a commute of six hours per day, right?
Any help understanding what on earth the via Redhill ticket is supposed to be for would be great. Is it just a total nonsense ticket? As much as I'd like to save myself £900, I don't much fancy adding five hours to my daily commute!
Thanks
