• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern pre employment medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

7735

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2019
Messages
5
Location
London
Hi!

I have been offered a job and given a start date with southeastern on the condition that I pass my medical. I have been waiting over a week to hear back from my D&A test, is this normal?

I had my medical on a wednesday and I had gone out drinking the saturday night before, could this affect my results?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2009
Messages
4,969
Hi!

I have been offered a job and given a start date with southeastern on the condition that I pass my medical. I have been waiting over a week to hear back from my D&A test, is this normal?

I had my medical on a wednesday and I had gone out drinking the saturday night before, could this affect my results?
Typically TOCs tend not to say whether you’ve passed, they just send you a formal offer. This could be a few weeks depending on the company.
 

ComUtoR

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2013
Messages
9,562
Location
UK
I had my medical on a wednesday and I had gone out drinking the saturday night before, could this affect my results?

4 days to sober up is a more than considerable amount of time to sober up. At 1 unit per hour (96 units) you would probably be dead if you consumed that amount of alcohol. Drugs however.....

Which Depot ?
 

Twotwo

Member
Joined
10 Aug 2018
Messages
677
4 days to sober up is a more than considerable amount of time to sober up. At 1 unit per hour (96 units) you would probably be dead if you consumed that amount of alcohol. Drugs however.....


Unless it's a woman then it would be 1.5 hours per unit ;)
 

7735

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2019
Messages
5
Location
London
Typically TOCs tend not to say whether you’ve passed, they just send you a formal offer. This could be a few weeks depending on the company.

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully it's not too much longer so I have time to resign from my current job
 
Last edited:

7735

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2019
Messages
5
Location
London
4 days to sober up is a more than considerable amount of time to sober up. At 1 unit per hour (96 units) you would probably be dead if you consumed that amount of alcohol. Drugs however.....

Which Depot ?

Haha I thought so, I was just worrying myself.

Charing cross depot
 

ComUtoR

Established Member
Joined
13 Dec 2013
Messages
9,562
Location
UK
Let me know if you get a March course. There is a course due in Jan for Charing Cross Trainees
 

Hammerk

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2019
Messages
17
Does anyone know if there is one coming up for Ashford? I have been in the pool for a while
 

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,008
Location
London
Congrats, lots of Charing X drivers starting in next few months!
 

JammyJames08

Member
Joined
7 Apr 2009
Messages
130
Does anyone know if there is one coming up for Ashford? I have been in the pool for a while

Probably not, a colleague of mine has put in a transfer to Ashford and he was told "mid-2021" however man power plans are always changing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top