Hi everyone,
I received a "provisionally authorised for prosecution" letter from southeastern and would like to ask for advise for my reply letter. On that day, I was stopped at the exit gate by an officer and he found out that I bought only a partial ticket for my journey and it was a weekly season ticket. He asked me when did I start this, I said that week. But from the history of southeastern app, they could find that i started from the week before that. Also, i had a penalty fare before but i paid it already. Will these affect their actions? Can i send my reply through email instead of by post? Thank you so much for your help as i do really want to settle outside the court!
Dear Prosecutions Manager,
RE: Fare evasion incident on
I am writing in response to a letter dated 2024 regarding the fare evasion incident involving myself.
I would like to begin by expressing my sincere apologies for what has happened. I want to express my genuine regret and apologies for the situation, any trouble it may have caused, and any inconvenience it may have caused Southeastern Railway. I can guarantee you that this will not ever happen again.
I fully acknowledge that I am responsible for ensuring I have a valid ticket for the whole journey, and not having one can have serious consequences. I am eager to demonstrate my commitment to resolving this issue.
I understand there have been financial costs to Southeastern Railway and I would like to offer to cover these costs together with the outstanding fare for the journey. I was wondering if it would be possible to settle this matter without the need to go to court. I am very willing to co-operate with your process and pay the full amount owed immediately.
Once again, I deeply regret the situation and would like the opportunity to rectify my actions. I take this matter very seriously and understand the importance of adhering to the regulations set forth by Southeastern Railway.
I appreciate your consideration.
Yours faithfully,
I received a "provisionally authorised for prosecution" letter from southeastern and would like to ask for advise for my reply letter. On that day, I was stopped at the exit gate by an officer and he found out that I bought only a partial ticket for my journey and it was a weekly season ticket. He asked me when did I start this, I said that week. But from the history of southeastern app, they could find that i started from the week before that. Also, i had a penalty fare before but i paid it already. Will these affect their actions? Can i send my reply through email instead of by post? Thank you so much for your help as i do really want to settle outside the court!
Dear Prosecutions Manager,
RE: Fare evasion incident on
I am writing in response to a letter dated 2024 regarding the fare evasion incident involving myself.
I would like to begin by expressing my sincere apologies for what has happened. I want to express my genuine regret and apologies for the situation, any trouble it may have caused, and any inconvenience it may have caused Southeastern Railway. I can guarantee you that this will not ever happen again.
I fully acknowledge that I am responsible for ensuring I have a valid ticket for the whole journey, and not having one can have serious consequences. I am eager to demonstrate my commitment to resolving this issue.
I understand there have been financial costs to Southeastern Railway and I would like to offer to cover these costs together with the outstanding fare for the journey. I was wondering if it would be possible to settle this matter without the need to go to court. I am very willing to co-operate with your process and pay the full amount owed immediately.
Once again, I deeply regret the situation and would like the opportunity to rectify my actions. I take this matter very seriously and understand the importance of adhering to the regulations set forth by Southeastern Railway.
I appreciate your consideration.
Yours faithfully,