• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

southeastern depot driver recruitment timescales

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastfall

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2017
Messages
12
Location
In the South East
Back in September I applied for 2 jobs with SE. 1 office based and the 2nd for a depot driver. Within a week I had been rejected for the office job but over 2 months later I am still waiting to hear on the depot driver (other than confirmation of application) I have passed all the tests this year including MMI having only failed at the DMI with GTR a few months back.

I know things can take a long time but I am in a quandry as to whether to contact HR. Many of you here have said that is just a shortcut to the 'sifting bin!' Should I just bite the bullet and contact HR or sit it out thinking that they will get round to me eventually given I only need another DMI?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
3,018
There's normally a lot more interest in driver roles (including depot drivers) so the shortlisting will naturally take longer.

But if it's been over 2 months with no communication then I think it's reasonable to contact them for an update.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top