• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southampton Airport Parkway>Waterloo>Fratton

Status
Not open for further replies.

janecr

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2010
Messages
25
Hello,

I bought an off peak return from Southampton Airport to London Waterloo but change of plans mean that I now need to get from London to Fratton. The person on the SWT helpline said I had to buy a single from Waterloo to Fratton but can that be right? Can't I travel at least some of the way as an any permitted route and then just buy a single for the rest of the way? Both routes go through Woking but can I get any further on this ticket? Advice appreciated - thanks.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

higthomas

Established Member
Joined
27 Nov 2012
Messages
1,229
As far as I can tell national rail seems to say its valid via Havant. So you should be able to get to there at least. But, I am on my phone, so can't make sure this is correct.
 

janecr

Member
Joined
28 Feb 2010
Messages
25
I've just searched for Southampton Airport Parkway to London Waterloo via Fratton and it is coming up with the same ticket price so am I right in thinking this is a permitted route and no additional ticket is needed at all?
 

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Joined
16 Apr 2010
Messages
4,235
Location
Reading
That seems totally fine to me. London to Southampton is valid via Portsmouth Group (changing at Fratton) on maps PD+CW. Seems like a perfectly reasonable route too. Is the SWT helpline run by National Rail Enquiries by any chance? They are very bad with geography and routes.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,470
You would be better off asking routeing questions on here.

Most of helpline staff appear to be poorly trained (or not trained at all) on fares and routeing matters in my experience.
 

Lrd

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
3,018
Is the SWT helpline run by National Rail Enquiries by any chance? They are very bad with geography and routes.
Not sure about the phone line but I remember seeing on SWT's twitter that the evening/night service is done by NRE when it went 24hrs a while ago, so perhaps the same for the phones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top