CannonCharge
New Member
- Joined
- 2 Dec 2016
- Messages
- 2
Hi,
Looking for some advice on whether the system of discounts on season ticket renewals still applies in the event of poor overall performance by the train operating company, specifically South Western Railway.
I've got a Woking to London Terminals annual season ticket bought which was last renewed at Woking ticket office on 06 September 2018. Cost of the ticket was £3248 which matches the price indicated on SWR website for an annual ticket.
My query is whether I should have also received a discount for overall performance being below that of SWRs passenger charter.
(NB I'm aware of the Delay Repay scheme and have made successful claims where I can - I'm looking at a more overall level to cover all those journeys where the train is under 15 minutes late to o r from Waterloo, of which there are plenty)
The SWR charter states:
We will give you a 5% discount on the price of your Season Ticket if, on average, over the previous 12 months either:
• Punctuality has been more than 2.5% below the Passenger’s Charter standard, or;
• Reliability has been more than 1% below the Passenger’s Charter standard, (0.75% on Island Line).
We will give you a 10% discount on the price of your Season Ticket if, on average, over the previous 12 months both punctuality and reliability fall below these Passenger’s Charter standards.
I'm not sure if as a Woking to Waterloo passenger I fall under the Mainline or Suburban category?
The charter defines as Mainline as needing to achieve 89% for Punctuality and 99% for Reliability and for Suburban to achieve 92% for Punctuality and 99% for Reliability
Looking at https://www.southwesternrailway.com/other/about-us/performance to try and look for the statistics just shows a mess of figures that are hard to understand - there used to be a single PDF produced that showed what the performance was over the previous 12 months. Does such a thing still exist? My reading of the stats on this link is that they only cover a sing period (month?)
Can a more skilled mind than mine interpret the figures on the SWR website to confirm what the current Punctuality and Reliability stats are for my route?
I've spoken to the Gold Card helpline today and was told that no performance discounts apply across the SWR network at the moment. He told me that the stats are controlled/provided by the Office Rail Responsibility and to look there.
I've found some stats (http://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/39045/passenger-freight-performance-2018-19-q1.pdf) that seems to cover journeys for March April and June 2018 which doesn't give a full year picture either.
Would be nice to know conclusively that I'm not being denied any discount due to me - I've got a a number of other friends who travel as annual season ticket holders that would be in the same boat.
Thanks in advance
Looking for some advice on whether the system of discounts on season ticket renewals still applies in the event of poor overall performance by the train operating company, specifically South Western Railway.
I've got a Woking to London Terminals annual season ticket bought which was last renewed at Woking ticket office on 06 September 2018. Cost of the ticket was £3248 which matches the price indicated on SWR website for an annual ticket.
My query is whether I should have also received a discount for overall performance being below that of SWRs passenger charter.
(NB I'm aware of the Delay Repay scheme and have made successful claims where I can - I'm looking at a more overall level to cover all those journeys where the train is under 15 minutes late to o r from Waterloo, of which there are plenty)
The SWR charter states:
We will give you a 5% discount on the price of your Season Ticket if, on average, over the previous 12 months either:
• Punctuality has been more than 2.5% below the Passenger’s Charter standard, or;
• Reliability has been more than 1% below the Passenger’s Charter standard, (0.75% on Island Line).
We will give you a 10% discount on the price of your Season Ticket if, on average, over the previous 12 months both punctuality and reliability fall below these Passenger’s Charter standards.
I'm not sure if as a Woking to Waterloo passenger I fall under the Mainline or Suburban category?
The charter defines as Mainline as needing to achieve 89% for Punctuality and 99% for Reliability and for Suburban to achieve 92% for Punctuality and 99% for Reliability
Looking at https://www.southwesternrailway.com/other/about-us/performance to try and look for the statistics just shows a mess of figures that are hard to understand - there used to be a single PDF produced that showed what the performance was over the previous 12 months. Does such a thing still exist? My reading of the stats on this link is that they only cover a sing period (month?)
Can a more skilled mind than mine interpret the figures on the SWR website to confirm what the current Punctuality and Reliability stats are for my route?
I've spoken to the Gold Card helpline today and was told that no performance discounts apply across the SWR network at the moment. He told me that the stats are controlled/provided by the Office Rail Responsibility and to look there.
I've found some stats (http://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/39045/passenger-freight-performance-2018-19-q1.pdf) that seems to cover journeys for March April and June 2018 which doesn't give a full year picture either.
Would be nice to know conclusively that I'm not being denied any discount due to me - I've got a a number of other friends who travel as annual season ticket holders that would be in the same boat.
Thanks in advance