• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Western Railway frustration 19 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
12 Oct 2021
Messages
158
Location
Essex
Hi all
Last night (19 Sep), the 2200 from Southampton Central to Waterloo was seemingly cancelled and another service instated at 2229. Or the 2200 was retimed?

Either way, if I had known that this was going to be the case, I would have made plans to be In Southampton last night, but knew that I wouldn’t have been able to make the 2200 service. I could have made the 2229 service.

I know there is a 2300 but that would have got back to London too late for onward travel.

Sorry if this comes across as a moan, it’s just really frustrating to discover that I could have done something I wanted to do, but did not because the train timetables didn’t work for me, only for them to change on the day.

I just wondered if anyone knows why the train may have been retimed?

Thanks everyone
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dingdinger

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2021
Messages
147
Location
Isleworth
Hi all
Last night (19 Sep), the 2200 from Southampton Central to Waterloo was seemingly cancelled and another service instated at 2229. Or the 2200 was retimed?

Either way, if I had known that this was going to be the case, I would have made plans to be In Southampton last night, but knew that I wouldn’t have been able to make the 2200 service. I could have made the 2229 service.

I know there is a 2300 but that would have got back to London too late for onward travel.

Sorry if this comes across as a moan, it’s just really frustrating to discover that I could have done something I wanted to do, but did not because the train timetables didn’t work for me, only for them to change on the day.

I just wondered if anyone knows why the train may have been retimed?

Thanks everyone
The 22:00 was retimed due to the football I believe
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,385
Thought that may have been the case. It was the football I was planning to go to! Why can’t they retime before the day of the game!? So annoyed!
Depends if the crew were available (or willing) to work the service later than booked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top