• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South West Trains, Station Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Bassett

New Member
Joined
3 Jul 2011
Messages
4
Hi all,

Could any of you help me? I have been invited to the assessment centre for SWT (station assistant job). The letter they sent me specified that the day would last between 3-4Hrs and that there would be a multiple choice questionaire to complete.

I have the practice test they sent and an online link to some more material but I would like to know if anyone else has attended one of these and could tell me if I am to expect anything else other than the multiple choice on the day?

Many thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT

New Member
Joined
14 Sep 2011
Messages
1
CRB check information should get sent out with your offer of employment, which you'd get after passing the interview.



I have just started with SWT as Gateline Asst at Clapham Junction, so I don't know too much about the roles themselves, especially since the one you are applying for is different to mine, you'll be on and around the platform, keeping it tidy, givng help and advice to customers and possibly dispatching trains. The Gateline work is only for Gateline assistants such as myself so you wouldn't be doing that should you get the job!

You'll get details of the assessment sent to you by post if you pass the initial selection, it consists of a basic comprehension test and then another test based on your role (my role being gateline, I had a ticket checking test, yours will be different for Station Assistant)

Best of luck :)

hey mate could you tell me, how many test did you have to complete on the day and how long was you actually there for?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top