• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South West Trains employee benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gd1992

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2013
Messages
5
Hi,

Wondering if you can tell me what the benefits are for permanent employees of SWT. Does the travel benefits include free travel on Stagecoach owned EMT and Virgin Trains?

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon11

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2010
Messages
1,389
Yes for EMT, but don't believe there is a deal with Virgin?
 

Monty

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2012
Messages
2,373
Free travel on South West Trains own services as well as East Midlands Trains, but nothing on Virgin Trains. But you do get your 75% off ATOC priv pass too. :)
 

Gd1992

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2013
Messages
5
Great thanks for getting back.

Do you have to be employed for a certain time to get this ATOC priv pass? I'm quite new to the industry?

Thanks
 

Monty

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2012
Messages
2,373
I think it's six months, or it was when I signed up. That was nearly 7 years ago though..
 

A-driver

Established Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
4,482
Pretty sure you get own company travel for you and a your partner/kids immediately (well within the first few weeks depending on how slow ATOC are being...) and then a priv after 6 months. After 12months you can apply for a FIP which gives you discounts and free travel on European trains.
 

A-driver

Established Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
4,482
Do you get a discount on London Underground also?

Only if the toc has a priv oyster agreement. No idea about SWT, FCC do but I believe it's fairly unique due to parts of the northern and circle lines shadowing FCC routes and so is done as a travel agreement with LU staff.
 

Stigy

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2009
Messages
4,969
Do you get a discount on London Underground also?
No, only what has been mentioned. You'll also get free Island Line Train travel on the Isle of Wight too, as it's the same company.

Also I believe you can get heavily discounted Wightlink ferry crossings to the island. There's also discounts etc to be had via the intranet which can be handy.
 

Shaggy

Member
Joined
13 Nov 2009
Messages
125
I got my PRIV card one month after joining the industry so you won't have to wait long!
 

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
I got my PRIV card one month after joining the industry so you won't have to wait long!

Some TOC's make you work up to 6 months though before issuing your PRIV, can't remember which ones but there is definitely at least one that makes you work 6 months before you can get a PRIV card
 

A-driver

Established Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
4,482
Some TOC's make you work up to 6 months though before issuing your PRIV, can't remember which ones but there is definitely at least one that makes you work 6 months before you can get a PRIV card

I believe that technically they all do but ATOC tend to send passes out at once when they have produced them.

When I joined FCC I had to wait 4 months to get my FCC pass as there was a big backlog in issuing them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top