• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South West Trains 2006 Timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJKiller

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2018
Messages
9
Hi folks,

I am new to this so if I've done something wrong I can only apologise!

I'm wondering whether anyone has or knows how to get SWT timetables from 2006? This was before the change on the SWML from BCU-WRM stopper to direct WAT services, the Southern services to BMH and the CrossCountry services to POO.

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Joined
3 May 2015
Messages
15,214
Hi folks,

I am new to this so if I've done something wrong I can only apologise!

I'm wondering whether anyone has or knows how to get SWT timetables from 2006? This was before the change on the SWML from BCU-WRM stopper to direct WAT services, the Southern services to BMH and the CrossCountry services to POO.

Thanks in advance.

I think you need before May 2003 for the latter two.

SWT's last major recast was (I think) the Dec 2004 timetable.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,305
Yes, XC to Poole was withdrawn Jan 2003 a few months after the “operation Princess” failure, but I don’t think the actual times at Bournemouth were much different. That’s probably why it failed, there was almost no turnaround time at Poole.

I’ve got the SWT weekday carriage working notices (CWN) from early 2006, but not actual timetables. I’ll try and extract the Wareham - Brockenhurst shuttle times later...
 
Last edited:

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Joined
2 Sep 2016
Messages
18,324
Location
Glasgow
Hi folks,

I am new to this so if I've done something wrong I can only apologise!

I'm wondering whether anyone has or knows how to get SWT timetables from 2006? This was before the change on the SWML from BCU-WRM stopper to direct WAT services, the Southern services to BMH and the CrossCountry services to POO.

Thanks in advance.

You can try looking up South West Trains website on the Internet archive (Internet Wayback Machine), it's often possible to get the original timetable PDFs in this manner.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,143
Location
Redcar
You can try looking up South West Trains website on the Internet archive (Internet Wayback Machine), it's often possible to get the original timetable PDFs in this manner.

The way they were hosted originally makes it near impossible for South West Trains.
 

abn444

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2016
Messages
161
I've got an SWT timetable book for May-December 2007 (before the changes). I can scan some pages in later if people want, but at a glance the Brockenhurst-Wareham stoppers left Brockenhurst at 16 past the hour and took 56 minutes. In the other direction they left Wareham at 59 past the hour and took 55 minutes.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,305
Wareham and Brockenhurst shuttle info as mentioned:

Wareham CWN Apr 2006 SX

ID/Dep Time/Destination/Stock/(Formed from)Dep time/Origin/Arr time/ID

2W34 09 59 Brockenhurst 4 450 09+35 Down platform 09+44 5W13
5W15 10+34 Down Sdg (10 59) 5 444 09+20 Southampton Ctrl 10+28 5B15
2W38 10 59 Brockenhurst 5 444 10+50 Down Sdg 10+52 5W38
5W19 11+18 Down Sdg (11 59) 4 450 10 16 Brockenhurst 11 12 2W19
2W42 11 59 Brockenhurst 4 450 11+50 Down Sdg 11+52 5W42
5W23 12+18 Down Sdg (12 59) 4 450 11 16 Brockenhurst 12 12 2W23
2W46 12 59 Brockenhurst 4 450 12+50 Down Sdg 12+52 5W46
5W27 13+18 Down Sdg (13 59) 5 444 12 16 Brockenhurst 13 12 2W27
2W50 13 59 Brockenhurst 5 444 13+50 Down Sdg 13+52 5W50
5W31 14+18 Down Sdg (14 59) 4 450 13 16 Brockenhurst 14 12 2W31
2W54 14 59 Southampton Ctrl 4 450 14+50 Down Sdg 14+52 5W54
5W35 15+18 Down Sdg (15 59) 4 450 14 16 Brockenhurst 15 12 2W35
2W58 15 59 Winchester 4 450 15+50 Down Sdg 15+52 5W58
5W39 16+18 Down Sdg (16 59) 5 444 15 16 Brockenhurst 16 12 2W39
2W62 16 59 Brockenhurst 5 444 16+50 Down Sdg 16+52 5W62
5W43 17+32 Down Sdg (17 59) 4 450 16 02 Southampton Ctrl 17 26 2W43
2W66 17 59 Bournemouth 4 450 17+50 Down Sdg 17+52 5W66

Brockenhurst CWN Apr 2006 SX

2W19 10 16 Wareham 4 450 08 25 Weymouth 09 54 2W30
2W23 11 16 Wareham 4 450 09 59 Wareham 10 54 2W34
2W27 12 16 Wareham 5 444 10 59 Wareham 11 54 2W38
2W31 13 16 Wareham 4 450 11 59 Wareham 12 54 2W42
2W35 14 16 Wareham 4 450 12 59 Wareham 13 54 2W46
2W39 15 16 Wareham 5 444 13 59 Wareham 14 54 2W50
5B56 18+20 Southampton Ctrl 5 444 16 59 Wareham 17 54 2W62

Hope that helps...
 

JJKiller

Member
Joined
23 Nov 2018
Messages
9
I've got an SWT timetable book for May-December 2007 (before the changes). I can scan some pages in later if people want, but at a glance the Brockenhurst-Wareham stoppers left Brockenhurst at 16 past the hour and took 56 minutes. In the other direction they left Wareham at 59 past the hour and took 55 minutes.
That would be great, thanks!
 

leo knight

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2018
Messages
62
You can try ebay to purchase old railway timetables as I have bought one from 1994 timetable k former network southeast.
Hi folks,

I am new to this so if I've done something wrong I can only apologise!

I'm wondering whether anyone has or knows how to get SWT timetables from 2006? This was before the change on the SWML from BCU-WRM stopper to direct WAT services, the Southern services to BMH and the CrossCountry services to POO.

Thanks in advance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top