• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

South Tynedale extension to Slaggyford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
It seems from their website that it is their next goal to get into Slaggyford. All being well I am going there on a rail holiday in the Summer.
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,960
Location
Devon
I don't know, but I read an article about the railway recently and thought it looked excellent. Everything up north is so far away for me (I'm sure enthusiasts that live up there are probably wishing the South Devon Railway was nearer too though).
 

markindurham

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2011
Messages
390
I wish them well - there's a bridge needed to cross the new A69 Haltwhistle bypass, which has severed the formation just south of the Tyne crossing, but that apart, the formation is pretty clear, I think?

I only travelled on the branch once, about a week before it closed, but often drop in at Alston if up that way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top