• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sources for rail related for the year 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

interprjct

New Member
Joined
29 Jun 2023
Messages
1
Location
Tyne and Wear
Hello,

I am currently working on a project related to Tyne and Wear region where we are to collect various data. I am currently searching for information of the suburban rail operators, schedules, the models that were running and seats and coach information for the year 2016. Basically to get information to work on data such as Seat kilometers and the revenue and related data. I would like to know if there is any source to extract such information.

Thank you and Cheers :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,969
Location
Airedale
Hello,

I am currently working on a project related to Tyne and Wear region where we are to collect various data. I am currently searching for information of the suburban rail operators, schedules, the models that were running and seats and coach information for the year 2016. Basically to get information to work on data such as Seat kilometers and the revenue and related data. I would like to know if there is any source to extract such information.

Thank you and Cheers :)
As no one has yet replied:
the regional train company was Northern Rail, and their services were then operated by class 14x "Pacer" and class 156 diesel multiple units.
However, you would need to define "suburban" as significant flows (most obviously Durham-Newcastle) were operated by long-distance operators, Chester-le-Street was almost entirely served by TPE etc.
Arguably even Northern was a minor player as the principal suburban rail service was and is provided by the Metro.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top