table38
Established Member
I meant in the front page headline , I should have been clearer . I dont know what either paper went on to say inside as I dont make a habit of reading either rag .
Fair enough! I tend to read a variety of newspapers both physically and on-line in order to stay informed... knowledge is power and all that

I suppose the answer is, the papers are trying to appeal to their own demographic, so will inevitably put their own "spin" on any story.
--- edit ---
case in point, this headline from the lovely whiter-than-white Daily Mirror. Was this just reporting the murder of the kids, or was it trying to sensationalise the story to sell more copies?
I could pontificate about what I vile rag the Mirror is, but frankly I think they are all as bad as each other, which is why I would defend the Mail; not because I think it's right, but because it does seem to get singled out for criticism when in reality all of the other papers in that end of the market are doing pretty much exactly the same thing.
Last edited: