• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Snowy South Yorkshire 01/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

37372

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
587
Location
Mexborough
I've already posted these a couple of other places but I thought I'd pull a bit of a Dimmer and post them here too ;) It's not often I take phots these days.

pic1.jpg

Newton Heath's 142033 departs Mexborough with a heavily delayed Sheffield service.

pic2.jpg

66207 and a frozen looking 66005 sitting on the down main at Doncaster not going anywhere fast.

pic3.jpg

The strange sight of a 185 in platform 3 at Sheffield. 185105 had been dumped here due to the cancellation of STPE services.

pic4.jpg

158908 and 142094 await their next orders in platform 6. Note the middle sidings have disappeared under the snow!

pic5.jpg

66069 and 66102 arrive with a pair of ZZA snowploughs. I've never seen these out in service before so to see them at Sheffield was quite suprising!

pic6.jpg

150225 waits time at Swinton after arriving 6 minutes early on a Sheffield-Leeds working due to missing out the Rotherham Loop.

Tom
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I've already posted these a couple of other places but I thought I'd pull a bit of a Dimmer and post them here too ;)

Surely if you are using that description, all your pictures should be from the same place? :lol:
 

37372

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
587
Location
Mexborough
Thanks :)

@ tbw yes, true!

As for the snowploughs, I'm not sure about them. I thought possibly the Hope Valley route, but it remained closed so maybe not. I spotted them again today going through Mexborough towards Sheffield.
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,671
ive been wanting to get out so much past few days, last year at college i had time off cos it closed so just went out to stations, this year i cant cos uni wont shut :/

wish it snowed this much in jan i would of been there seeing snowploughs and unfamilar workings at sheffield :(
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
really nice pics by the way !
 

37372

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2006
Messages
587
Location
Mexborough
I'm sure there'll be snow again but as for the random events that happened - who knows! Thanks :)
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
I must thank the snowplough diagram as it allowed a morning of PS3 and daytime
telly thanks to nicking my chauffeur for the day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top