• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SNCB/NMBS magnetic sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWVillager

Member
Joined
2 May 2022
Messages
871
Location
West Yorkshire
Whilst in Belgium, I saw platform staff attach magnetic rods with a flashing red light at the end to the bodyside of trains. I unfortunately didn't think to take a photo, and can't find any online. What are they?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rvdborgt

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2022
Messages
2,523
Location
Leuven
I believe that is to signal to the guard that they're busy loading/unloading someone in a wheelchair.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top