I have a bit over a day free in my UK/Ireland trip that I'd like to spend in the Highlands. My plan is to take the Sleeper from London to Ft. William, then the Jacobite to Mallaig the next day. The morning departure is too close to the Sleeper's arrival, so my schedule looks like this:
Arrv FTW (sleeper) 9:55
FTW to Mallaig (Jacobite) 14:30
Mallaig to FTW 18:15 (normal Scotrail train), arrive FTW 19:37
Depart FTW (sleeper) 19:50, then change at Crewe the next morning and on to Holyhead for the ferry.
Is the timing too tight for the train from Mallaig and transfer to the Sleeper, do you think? That's the only part I'm really nervous about; I'll be in real trouble if I miss that transfer. Thanks in advance for the advice!
Arrv FTW (sleeper) 9:55
FTW to Mallaig (Jacobite) 14:30
Mallaig to FTW 18:15 (normal Scotrail train), arrive FTW 19:37
Depart FTW (sleeper) 19:50, then change at Crewe the next morning and on to Holyhead for the ferry.
Is the timing too tight for the train from Mallaig and transfer to the Sleeper, do you think? That's the only part I'm really nervous about; I'll be in real trouble if I miss that transfer. Thanks in advance for the advice!