• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Slade Green to Eastleigh - starting at Waterloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakey1152

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2011
Messages
461
Good afternoon,
I need to go down to Eastleigh on Thursday morning from Slade Green returning the same day - so looking at an off peak day return.
I have a Network Railcard which isn't valid until 1000 however I really need to travel as early as I can in the off peak.

If I buy an off peak day return with the Network Railcard from Slade Green to Eastleigh for £31.40 am I able to use an alternative method to get to Waterloo and catch the 1009 service to Eastleigh or will it not be valid as I didn't start after 1000 from Slade Green?

Thank you
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,798
Location
UK
That's fine - the ticket is valid for break of journey (which includes starting 'late') and the Railcard restriction is simply that you can't travel before 10am.

You might want to explain that you've made your own way here if anyone asks but the use case you describe is valid either way.
 

blakey1152

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2011
Messages
461
That's fine - the ticket is valid for break of journey (which includes starting 'late') and the Railcard restriction is simply that you can't travel before 10am.

You might want to explain that you've made your own way here if anyone asks but the use case you describe is valid either way.
Wonderful.
Thank you :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top