• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skipton to Crewe/Shrewsbury/Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesM

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2009
Messages
103
Hello guys,

I'm trying to solve this one - I'm picking a friend up from any of the following stations: Shrewsbury, Chester, Crewe, Caersws. We're flexible (or any other near by). I'm trying to get the cheapest ticket from Skipton to one of these destinations.

It's looking like

Skipton - Leeds (£8.80)
Leeds - Manchester (£10 advance)
Manchester - Crewe (12.70 or cheaper if on a different service)

is the best way.

any other ideas gratefully received.

It's for the morning of Sunday 20th January.

On the way back (Sunday 27th) from Shrewsbury, so I was thinking £8 - Wolverhampton and then £15 advance down to London?

Many thanks

James
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
You did not specify any time constraints for your journey, eg. when do you have to be at Crewe, etc.
 

JamesM

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2009
Messages
103
Schoolboy error - I'm sorry! Basically to leave Skipton at 9:30, we assume it'll take 3-4 hours.

Thanks
 

JamesM

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2009
Messages
103
Wonderful - just that one fact (I had no idea you could go advance from Leeds to Chester), has saved us £26. Thank you very much everyone! That's a wrap!

Much appreciated Tony.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top