• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Six months left on my YPR. What to do...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallySleeper

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2006
Messages
1,662
Location
trentbartonland
Unfortunately I am coming up to the final six months of my YPR, and I would like to try and make the most of it while I can!

I had hoped that I would be able to do an ALR in that time but I'm not sure it will happen. The benefit of doing an ALR would probably be to see and cover larger parts of the country I haven't done as yet, notably Wales and the southwest. My biggest draw back is probably how much I can afford to do (money and time).

With that in mind, I would love suggestions on how to make the most of my railcard before it runs out. I would consider anything but unfortunately some things are more possible than others!

I've thought about using rangers/rovers to complete areas such as the west Midlands, and Lincolnshire - in doing so completing all three sides of the Allington triangle. I also aim to visit the Isle of Wight by rail this summer.

I'm based out of Nottingham but also can travel from/to London.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CallySleeper

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2006
Messages
1,662
Location
trentbartonland
Calais doesn't really bother me. A FotSW would possibly be something I would consider doing if I planned the time in advance, maybe in September when the kids are in school but hopefully still sunny.

Is it me or is the text size on the route map pdf really too small?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top