• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Situations where extra stops could reduce/change services

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,739
I wasn’t aware of this, all I thought was it was 2.5 Reading to Paddington so this must have changed. It seems you have a lot more inside knowledge than me!
Its in the planning rules, all downloadable off the NR website, not really inside knowledge.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Joined
3 May 2015
Messages
15,214
Its Didcot Parkway to Wootton Bassett that’s the critical part of the timetable structure and Network Rail has recently declared this as ‘congested infrastructure’

It is declared this if not all trains bid can be accommodated in the timetable. That is not necessarily the same thing as the thing you bid the timetable around. So Paddington to Reading, whilst full, is not "congested" as all bid services (GWR plus HEX plus TfL) can fit.
 

TheWalrus

Established Member
Joined
6 Oct 2008
Messages
2,070
Location
UK
Its in the planning rules, all downloadable off the NR website, not really inside knowledge.
I used to read rules of the plan but haven’t for many years now. Things may have changed since I read it last. Nevertheless he appears to know more than me about this topic and I wasn’t aware about the freight paths.
 

adrock1976

Established Member
Joined
10 Dec 2013
Messages
4,450
Location
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
It is declared this if not all trains bid can be accommodated in the timetable. That is not necessarily the same thing as the thing you bid the timetable around. So Paddington to Reading, whilst full, is not "congested" as all bid services (GWR plus HEX plus TfL) can fit.

Apologies for a slight sideways move, but would quad track Didcot - Wootton Basset help regarding in easing the congestion?

I am thinking of the campaign and proposals to reopen Wantage Road and Wootton Basset stations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top