Grumpy Git
On Moderation
There is no smoke without fire.
I think at this point it's more convicted arsonist being caught with petrol, matches, a book titled "making fires burn longer" and stood next to an abandoned building covered in "warning - fire risk" signage and their best friend saying, nah, they've never been interested in anything like that, people are making things up.There is no smoke without fire.
PM digging in during PMQs, it's clear No10 sees this as an opportunity to cast the civil service as the baddies standing in the way of all the great things they're trying to accomplish. We all wondered who they were going to blame once the EU were out of the picture, I think we have our answer.
I do not know if she as been bullying or not, but it seems these Civil Servants are a bunch of snowflakes (oh I was sworn at by my boss!). Well I and everybody else I worked with (office environment) were sworn at by their boss over the whole 41 years of may career, that I gave up in 2012. By that time swearing at and by colleagues (both sexes), to suppliers and sometimes bosses was just a daily way of life.I think it very much depends on the pecking order here.
whether he likes it or not, priti patel is now in charge of the civil service.
we all get bosses from time to time that we have disagreements with in working practice,in strategy and so on.Most of the time you just have to suck it up,no matter how idiotic his/her new ideas are.
in the case of mr rutnam, it would seem that an impasse has been reached.
he's perfectly entitled to resign over "political differences".
as part of the civil service, he is paid to implement the ideas, not to make them.
accusations like bullying should be referred to an inspectorate to see if there is a case to answer.
That is sometimes a very grey area, when dealing with teams of people there are always personality clashes, and some can be more abrupt than others.It does not necessarily constitute bullying to have a forthright personality.
if mrs patel wins ,however, he shouldn't be asking for a reference!
I do not know if she as been bullying or not, but it seems these Civil Servants are a bunch of snowflakes (oh I was sworn at by my boss!). Well I and everybody else I worked with (office environment) were sworn at by their boss over the whole 41 years of may career, that I gave up in 2012. By that time swearing at and by colleagues (both sexes), to suppliers and sometimes bosses was just a daily way of life.
Bullying these days seems to be being made to follow a policy by your boss you personally do not agree with, which is actually management.
Civil Servants need to remember they support not run the government (whatever colour, even if one you do not support). The clue is in the second word of their title "servant"
I do not know if she as been bullying or not, but it seems these Civil Servants are a bunch of snowflakes (oh I was sworn at by my boss!). Well I and everybody else I worked with (office environment) were sworn at by their boss over the whole 41 years of may career, that I gave up in 2012. By that time swearing at and by colleagues (both sexes), to suppliers and sometimes bosses was just a daily way of life.
Bullying these days seems to be being made to follow a policy by your boss you personally do not agree with, which is actually management.
Civil Servants need to remember they support not run the government (whatever colour, even if one you do not support). The clue is in the second word of their title "servant"
I personally don't believe she's of low intellect in comparison to the general population, but I'd rather hope for people of both above average intellect and with some empathy for the 'common people' to be ministers, particularly in as important a job as Home Secretary. I've only ever met one, Willie Whitelaw, a far more intelligent man than he pretended to be, and without whom the (top secret) negotiations with Sinn Fein/IRA that eventually led to the Good Friday Agreement would probably not have happened. With Patel, I noticed a comment by Quentin Letts, who the Times has unaccountably imo let be its Parliamentary sketchwriter, just before the recent events. He wrote that she 'seemed enormously pleased with herself' which is about as damning as he ever gets in describing a Tory government minister!I was responding to the suggestion that she was of low intellect, which I don’t think is correct. Her behaviour is of course a different matter.