That's what was there before the 1990ish re-signaling I think.
Yes, both old Platforms 8 and 9 (respectively now 3-4 and 5) both had scissor crossovers to the through lines in the 1951 arrangements; they may have been there beforehand.
The two Scarborough lines across the river bridge had both trailing and facing crossovers in 1980, the Waterworks crossing for the Scarborough goods lines having been removed in 1974.
The rationalisation giving rise to the single lead junction under discussion was circa 1989 with the introduction of the York IECC and subsequent electrification of the ECML. This also included the removal of the through lines and the present arrangement of platforms 3 and 4.
I don't think that anyone has pointed out the similar arrangement for Skelton Junction for the Harrogate line?
(Information from "Britain's Railway Super Centres - York" by Ken Appleby, Ian Allan, 1993, ISBN 0 7110 2072 8. This includes full track plans for the 1951 and 1989 works. It was published after the 1989 works so includes some photos of the rearrangements and York IECC.)
I suspect Senex's observation may be correct!