Hello everyone,
I am getting quite worked up and worried. Around 4 months ago, I received a train ticket fine, which wasn't paid (I'll explain later) and went to court, I received a criminal record and a court fine which is still outstanding, I believed it's been passed to Marstons now.
Now, today, I received another single justice notice, which I will plead guilt and not go to court, but will receive yet another criminal record. I'm getting worried because what will happen now as I have two offences for the same thing, within a limited time frame. The company was Southeastern.
I know it sounds like I'm dodging trains for a living, but it's not that. I use the train a lot to pick my daughter up from school each week, then take her back after a few days. I do usually have a ticket but the last two times I have been so skint, but had to take my daughter home, so rightly or wrongly I chanced it and got caught, I was honest and gave correct details etc. I did however try to pay via my card which was declined, but I did try when the inspector came round, as said earlier the reason for me not paying the initial fine is a tough one, I think I just buried my head, I suffer with a disability, I won't name it as I am not trying to use it as an excuse, but sometimes I don't think clearly and tend to be forgetful. This being said it is no excuse and the situation I'm in is my own fault. I'd just like some advise what to do, I'm quite worried and as the two offences are the same, on the same train line and in a short period.. will I receive another fine, but a bit heavier, or will they look into it and find I still have an outstanding balance from the other fine hey to be paid? I am also aware that a custodial sentence is a possibility, and as "reoffender" I'm worried.
Many thanks for any help in advance, it is greatly appreciated.
Regards
I am getting quite worked up and worried. Around 4 months ago, I received a train ticket fine, which wasn't paid (I'll explain later) and went to court, I received a criminal record and a court fine which is still outstanding, I believed it's been passed to Marstons now.
Now, today, I received another single justice notice, which I will plead guilt and not go to court, but will receive yet another criminal record. I'm getting worried because what will happen now as I have two offences for the same thing, within a limited time frame. The company was Southeastern.
I know it sounds like I'm dodging trains for a living, but it's not that. I use the train a lot to pick my daughter up from school each week, then take her back after a few days. I do usually have a ticket but the last two times I have been so skint, but had to take my daughter home, so rightly or wrongly I chanced it and got caught, I was honest and gave correct details etc. I did however try to pay via my card which was declined, but I did try when the inspector came round, as said earlier the reason for me not paying the initial fine is a tough one, I think I just buried my head, I suffer with a disability, I won't name it as I am not trying to use it as an excuse, but sometimes I don't think clearly and tend to be forgetful. This being said it is no excuse and the situation I'm in is my own fault. I'd just like some advise what to do, I'm quite worried and as the two offences are the same, on the same train line and in a short period.. will I receive another fine, but a bit heavier, or will they look into it and find I still have an outstanding balance from the other fine hey to be paid? I am also aware that a custodial sentence is a possibility, and as "reoffender" I'm worried.
Many thanks for any help in advance, it is greatly appreciated.
Regards