• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller vacancies - the connection between application forms & the SJT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulWilf

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2016
Messages
7
Location
Wrexham
First time poster so apologies for starting a new thread, however I have been a regular visitor to this forum for the past 18 months or so but have been unable to find the specific information I'm looking for.
The Network Rail Signaller Recruitment Information booklet suggests that an SJT is issued as soon as an application form has been received, then the SJT & Application form are reviewed so that the stage 1 sift can be completed.
Can any of you that have recently applied for a Signaller role confirm if the SJT was issued automatically once you submitted your form, or is there usually a delay? I have contacted NR HR and also tried to send an email to the point of contact on the application details, however the emails are returned as 'undelivered' & the HR person wasn't sure of the process.
I am wondering if it's my application that is letting me down or if I have missed out on being sent the SJT for some other reason, after all it appears I must've been sifted out of a role I applied for earlier this year, despite not being sent an SJT, as I have been told interviews are taking place next week.
Cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TRain87

Member
Joined
1 Sep 2016
Messages
311
Location
England
First time poster so apologies for starting a new thread, however I have been a regular visitor to this forum for the past 18 months or so but have been unable to find the specific information I'm looking for.
The Network Rail Signaller Recruitment Information booklet suggests that an SJT is issued as soon as an application form has been received, then the SJT & Application form are reviewed so that the stage 1 sift can be completed.
Can any of you that have recently applied for a Signaller role confirm if the SJT was issued automatically once you submitted your form, or is there usually a delay? I have contacted NR HR and also tried to send an email to the point of contact on the application details, however the emails are returned as 'undelivered' & the HR person wasn't sure of the process.
I am wondering if it's my application that is letting me down or if I have missed out on being sent the SJT for some other reason, after all it appears I must've been sifted out of a role I applied for earlier this year, despite not being sent an SJT, as I have been told interviews are taking place next week.
Cheers

Don't pay attention to the 72 hours. The SJT test is sent if your application passes the first round, and if you apply for various roles - you will only ever do 1 test
 

PaulWilf

Member
Joined
9 Nov 2016
Messages
7
Location
Wrexham
Thanks for the response tryles, I was just concerned that I haven't been asked to complete an SJT yet for a job advertised in August/September. I know from reading a lot of posts on here that it's not unusual to hear nothing for quite some time but I guess if they've reached interview stage then perhaps the applicants already have the qualifications they require.
Cheers bud
 

martin.g

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2016
Messages
26
Location
Edinburgh
Don't pay attention to the 72 hours. The SJT test is sent if your application passes the first round, and if you apply for various roles - you will only ever do 1 test
Morning tryles. Is this the case? As I have applied for 3 roles over last 3 months but only ever been sent 1 SJT. This was sent within the 72 hours right enough. Just hope I did well on it then :roll:
 

TRain87

Member
Joined
1 Sep 2016
Messages
311
Location
England
Morning tryles. Is this the case? As I have applied for 3 roles over last 3 months but only ever been sent 1 SJT. This was sent within the 72 hours right enough. Just hope I did well on it then :roll:

Yes you only do 1 SJT test, if you pass you should receive an email. If you score high enough (top 8 I believe per 1 position available) you get invited to assessment day, the top 3 invited for interview.....number can obviously change but this is what NR explained to me....I'm currently waiting for assessment on 1st December
 

martin.g

Member
Joined
18 Aug 2016
Messages
26
Location
Edinburgh
Yes you only do 1 SJT test, if you pass you should receive an email. If you score high enough (top 8 I believe per 1 position available) you get invited to assessment day, the top 3 invited for interview.....number can obviously change but this is what NR explained to me....I'm currently waiting for assessment on 1st December

Okay thanks tryles. I applied for future roles when I did my SJT. Sent emails to ask how I did but replies just say as of yet no roles have come up. Other applications did in last two weeks, so I am maybe still in the hunt:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top