While we are at it, I can think of some freight flows that we can divert that way too. I'm sure a 66 won't cause any issues in the core![]()
Well it was a freight route pre Thameslink!
While we are at it, I can think of some freight flows that we can divert that way too. I'm sure a 66 won't cause any issues in the core![]()
I already had worked that out if you hadn't of guessed. Hence why I stated "limitation", because it is a erhmm.. limitation of the system !!It will sit the train at the last signal until the route bcomes available.
I’m not sure they’d want to divert it into the core - where would it terminate? What about it and the drivers return workings etc
That might have stuffed up the Thameslink core considerably - okay you’ve diverted it but then what? You’d have to shunt back out of a two-track tunnel so delaying a whole bunch of Thameslink departures too.
That just moves the problem elsewhere and the signaller for the Thameslink core probably wouldn’t have accept it
But that's relying on West Hampstead Signalling centre accepting a unscheduled service.The maps on OTT suggest a reversal at St Pancras would be possible - the track from Belle Isle down to Platform 1 at St pancras is shown as reversible and there is a trailing crossover in the tunnel.
The Thameslink service from the GN line was stuffed up anyway - all the time that the train was standing at, and then reversing from, signal 2068, nothing could enter the Canal Tunnel.
Reversal at Farringdon is also possible - a standard contingency arrangment in case the ac/dc changeover doesn't work