• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signal numbers on the WCML nr Scorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
Could anyone possibly help me to identify the signals around the former Scorton station on the West Coast mainline?

Ideally I'd like to identify the signals in both directions either side of the station site. I'm led to believe that PN176 is nearby, but I have no idea if this is close to the site or even which direction it faces.

Thanks in advance for any help received.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mr_moo

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2009
Messages
658
Location
Cambridgeshire
I probably could but am not sure what area you mean. What existing station/place is it near? Any idea of the ELR and mileage? Let me know something I can home in on and I'll dig it out for you.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
I can't give you mileages unfortunately, but it resided just north of where the WCML splits away from the M6 between Preston and Lancaster, where the WCML passes over Station Lane.

Click here for a google map of the location.

I hope this is of help.
 

mr_moo

Member
Joined
7 Sep 2009
Messages
658
Location
Cambridgeshire
Hi,

Ok, I've found it!
Scorton ex-station is still marked as 12m 59ch (or 1298yd). ELR is CGJ6. LOR is NW4001.
Both lines in the area are only single-directional.

Signals on the Down Main:
PN195 - 11m 231yd
PN197 - 11m 1691yd
PN199 - 12m 1660yd
PN 202 - 14m 314yd

Signals on the Up Main:
PN203 - 14m 787yd
PN201 - 13m 1075yd
PN198 - 12m 907yd
PN196 - 11m 1102yd

PN176 is at 3m 1371yd on the Dn Main, so not really nearby... :)

HTH!

Moo
 

driver9000

Established Member
Joined
13 Jan 2008
Messages
4,569
The datum point for the mileage is Preston (0mp), so it increases to Lancaster where it resets again.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
Sort of, I have model railway loosely based there, my layout isn't a recreation of the station as was, but what might have been and so I wanted the right signal numbers for it, or atleast the right number range.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top