When I went from Shrewsbury to Leeds for the WY challenge yesterday (20th August), I used the 0610 from Shrewsbury to Manchester Piccadilly arriving at 0818 which ran via Chester and Warrington Bank Quay (usually trains from Shrewsbury to Manchester Piccadilly go via Crewe), and then the 0842 from Manchester Piccadilly to Leeds.
My question is, looking at timetables/National Rail journey planner is that on Saturdays there is usually another train, the 0644 from Shrewsbury to Manchester Piccadilly via Crewe arriving at 0820 which would still have allowed me to get the 0842 to Leeds. Searches on the National Rail journey planner did not find this later train from Shrewsbury yesterday, so did it not run? Were there engineering works or anything? (I returned in the evening from Manchester Piccadilly to Shrewsbury via Crewe the same day).
My question is, looking at timetables/National Rail journey planner is that on Saturdays there is usually another train, the 0644 from Shrewsbury to Manchester Piccadilly via Crewe arriving at 0820 which would still have allowed me to get the 0842 to Leeds. Searches on the National Rail journey planner did not find this later train from Shrewsbury yesterday, so did it not run? Were there engineering works or anything? (I returned in the evening from Manchester Piccadilly to Shrewsbury via Crewe the same day).