LeylandLen
Member
As I go around the country ; usually up and down the WCML between NW and London, I cant help noticing more and more wind turbines near the railway. There is a big one on the east side of WCML near Stafford. There are various ones in Lancashire ; some in the hills near Burnley. Also more and more solar panels in fields. There a large collection to the east of ECML between London and Peterborough ( can someone who knows it please give better location ?)
The network must have a lot of unused land that could accomodate wind turbines, and open land suitable for solar panels. New buildings should have solar panels .I know planning permission is needed in some locations.As we know, climate change is a big news story(as with the demonstrations in London over Easter) .We need better ways of generating the electricity we all use.I want to have solar panels. Are new houses being built with them , ?Think of how much solar power could be collected by new HS2 buildings. New EMUs parked unused overnight could have batteries to be charged overnight ; similar to electric cars we are being encouraged to buy.
Apologises if topic covered elsewher ; just my personal opinion. Comments welcome .
The network must have a lot of unused land that could accomodate wind turbines, and open land suitable for solar panels. New buildings should have solar panels .I know planning permission is needed in some locations.As we know, climate change is a big news story(as with the demonstrations in London over Easter) .We need better ways of generating the electricity we all use.I want to have solar panels. Are new houses being built with them , ?Think of how much solar power could be collected by new HS2 buildings. New EMUs parked unused overnight could have batteries to be charged overnight ; similar to electric cars we are being encouraged to buy.
Apologises if topic covered elsewher ; just my personal opinion. Comments welcome .