RobShipway
Established Member
- Joined
- 20 Sep 2009
- Messages
- 3,337
Now I know much the railways of the UK needs the HS2, to not only compete against other countries in the world, but to help get passengers from travelling on planes between the likes of London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edingburgh.
However, I have a few friends that live along the HS2 route especially within Warwickshire where the builders of HS2 have seemed to have no care about keeping things such that people can go on with their normal routines, such as public pathways being cut off to the public even though those public pathways are some distance away from where HS2 will run.
One of the issues being the planting of trees, right in the middle of public pathways as per the attached photo.
As my friend posted in Facebook:
I’d like to congratulate HS2 and their contractors in keeping the hoi polloi safe from their groundworks by ensuring we can’t wander off the public right of way. I’d also like to thank them for planting a b****y tree right in the way of the right of way.
I’d like to….but….
Maybe HS2 should apologise to the local people for being inconsiderate?
However, I have a few friends that live along the HS2 route especially within Warwickshire where the builders of HS2 have seemed to have no care about keeping things such that people can go on with their normal routines, such as public pathways being cut off to the public even though those public pathways are some distance away from where HS2 will run.
One of the issues being the planting of trees, right in the middle of public pathways as per the attached photo.
As my friend posted in Facebook:
I’d like to congratulate HS2 and their contractors in keeping the hoi polloi safe from their groundworks by ensuring we can’t wander off the public right of way. I’d also like to thank them for planting a b****y tree right in the way of the right of way.
I’d like to….but….
Maybe HS2 should apologise to the local people for being inconsiderate?
Attachments
Last edited by a moderator: