• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Should Southeastern's Grove Park be counted as a maintenance depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PointA Rail

Member
Joined
31 Oct 2024
Messages
83
Location
London
When I go down to Southeast London every now and then, I tend to go around rush hour when several trains are leaving Grove Park for the city causing this thought to often occur.
Clearly curiosity got the better of me so now I ask to any workers or just regular enthusiasts, is Grove Park counted as a proper maintenance facility or is it simply a carriage shed and collection of sidings?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

68000

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2008
Messages
832
It is a stabling sidings / depot, driver booking on point and potentially a cleaning location (well it was when I was last there about 10 years ago)
 

PointA Rail

Member
Joined
31 Oct 2024
Messages
83
Location
London
Alright I see, I believe I saw a train wash on the up sidings exit road, but I wouldn't know how often it gets used nowadays. The confusion came because over the years I've heard the site classed as a maintenance depot, a stabling shed and sidings, and of course the fact that it is spread over 3 sites offering slightly different facilities. I guess it's just another quirk of our railways, but thanks for answering and clearing it up a bit more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top