Moderator note: split from
www.railforums.co.uk
Could we not adopt the practice of putting names on tickets as is done abroad? ie I buy a ticket for myself and my name is printed on it/above the QR code, I buy a ticket for Mrs X (with a railcar discount) and this has her name printed etc.
No need to show ID as long as the ticket is valid etc, however this would prevent the above issues in the future
Buying tickets for others with a Railcard discount
If I buy a ticket for someone who holds a Railcard, for example if I buy a Senior Railcard discounted ticket, could a TOC view me with suspicion and/or attempt to put the burden on me to somehow demonstrate I didn't buy the ticket for myself? Has anyone been in the position of a TOC accusing...
Could we not adopt the practice of putting names on tickets as is done abroad? ie I buy a ticket for myself and my name is printed on it/above the QR code, I buy a ticket for Mrs X (with a railcar discount) and this has her name printed etc.
No need to show ID as long as the ticket is valid etc, however this would prevent the above issues in the future
Last edited by a moderator: