• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Should passengers be allowed to sit in 1st class when standard class seating runs out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
Looking at a particular twitter conversation with FGW re standing in 1st class corridor when the train is (quote) packed (unquote) is akin to apartheid. The passenger will be seeking legal advice about being told to move, allegedly. Unfortunately the passenger has also accused the guard of being racist.

Have you looked at his Twitter account? Lots of people and organisations, including Emerates airlines, are racist towards him. He's very unfortunate.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,955
Location
UK
Well said. Some need space to work and relative privacy such as in the 1 of 2+1.

Assuming Network Rail don't let me down, I'll be going to Birmingham on Tuesday morning next week. I've ruled out Virgin as I need flexibility on the return (and I'm not made of money) given I have no idea when I'll want to come back.

I've decided that for around £35 return, I can skip Virgin and go via London Midland first class. It really does seem like a crazy cheap deal (I'll pay almost half that just to get from Hatfield to Euston). I know what first class is like on their trains, and am paying mostly for a table and power point so I can do some work both ways without my laptop dying.

Please don't judge me!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top