Rail2002
Member
Should mandatory seat reservations be removed for Advance tickets? I believe so. I've travelled on a 5 coach and an 8 coach train today and yet again, most seats were reserved but not occupied, with no indicator of being used and they can't all have been in the toilet at the same time. It causes problems for customers and operational staff as it means the aisles get blocked with those wanting to avoid the £50 penalty for occupying a reserved seat. As someone who prefers flexible tickets, I tend to pay more only to find I can't sit down because someone's paid less and chosen to sit elsewhere, leaving the seat they booked unusable.
Places could still be limited by limited Advance tickets per train but reservations could be optional to allow more seats for flexible travellers.
I my opinion, this would improve customer experiences, staff function and stop aisles being blocked (negating delays) and also improve Revenue Protection by allowing TMs and RPOs to make it down the train to check tickets more easily. I think everyone would win.
What do you think? Do you support compulsory seat reservations for Advance tickets? Feel free to vote and say why.
Places could still be limited by limited Advance tickets per train but reservations could be optional to allow more seats for flexible travellers.
I my opinion, this would improve customer experiences, staff function and stop aisles being blocked (negating delays) and also improve Revenue Protection by allowing TMs and RPOs to make it down the train to check tickets more easily. I think everyone would win.
What do you think? Do you support compulsory seat reservations for Advance tickets? Feel free to vote and say why.