Moderator note: split from
East-West Rail: Progress and updates
There's a few photos - including some aerial ones - searching Twitter for @networkraileus.
www.railforums.co.uk
I was thinking a big block of flats - aimed at young folk who only want a flat and want to be very near the station. My home town is building hundreds of them - it’s a good way for the council to get large numbers of units built without encroaching on the green belt.I can't see a problem with a development there. The station is on the other side of the road bridge, if there was to be an expansion it'd be into the present car park. The land is not useful for anything else.
I don't think it's a particularly desirable housing location either, to be honest, but even so you'd probably sell a typical "Barratt's estate" out. Or social housing could be built there.
Last edited by a moderator: