• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shortest Lived Train Station - Chee Dale Halt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,482
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
I do not know if Amberswood stayed open for goods after passenger closure, do you have any info about when they closed for goods?

There is a forum member called Bevan Price who may be able to assist you with that query.

My books on the area published by Triangle Publishing are not exactly forthcoming with the exact date that you require.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bright Boy

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
217
Location
Sale
There is a forum member called Bevan Price who may be able to assist you with that query.

My books on the area published by Triangle Publishing are not exactly forthcoming with the exact date that you require.

I also have read some Triangle books about the Lancashire Union Railway and other Lancashire routes but you are correct in that it does not state when closed for goods, I have read elsewhere that Whelley stayed open for goods for many years without giving a date, but I do not know if Amberswood did?

I have walked the old trackbed a few times a few years ago and there were still signs of the platforms and a building was still extant that could have been the old station masters house, possibly turned into a goods office?

Thanks for the tip about Bevan Price, I will see if I can find him
 

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Nov 2011
Messages
13,472
Location
Caerphilly
I'm not quite sure of the length of time now but the station built (without all the red tape to get it open) at Workington due to the town split in two as a result of flooding.
 

Jamesb1974

Member
Joined
20 Mar 2006
Messages
596
My candidate is Debdale Park.

Opened to demonstrate the future of Light Rail in Manchester. The station was constructed on a section of Woodhead route that lead from Reddish ETD to Fairfield Junction.

Using Docklands Light Railway stock, the aim was to showcase Light rail to the general public. British Rail metals used, overhead line energised at 750v DC by using two class 303 power cars to rectify the 25kv feed from Gorton junction down to 750v.

Open for 17 days.

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/d/debdale_park/index.shtml
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top