crispy1978
Member
I saw a couple on the TPE from LIV-SCA last week take their shoes off and replace them with slippers from their bag, which also contained flask, picnic and the mandatory "Take A Break" for her and a "Ruth Rendell mystery" for him!
What if you're not wearing shoes when you board the train?
I really can't see the appeal of taking shoes off on a train or a plane. It's public transport, not my living room.
Trust me, if you fly any distance, you'll want to take off your shoes, some of the nice Far Eastern airlines provide slippers, unfortunately they don't provide them for people with size 12 feet like me. However, I always make sure they are on for take off, landing and going to the toilet.
I was on a long flight from Kuala Lumpur to London some years ago, many of the people had come through from Australia and there was a smell of "Cheesy Feet" on board when I got on board the aircraft-yuk!