• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shoeburyness to South Tottenham - TVM didn't offer ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicobobinus

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2011
Messages
134
Location
NE London
This afternoon after a ride out to the Essex coast I went to Shoeburyness station to return to South Tottenham by train. I had always intended to buy a single to Barking then use oyster PAYG for the GOBLIN leg on the assumption that this would be the cheapest thing to do but I wanted to check the through fare to be sure this was the case. However, on keying up South Tottenham on the list of stations on the TVM it didn't come up. Wondering whether it was an issue specific to London Overground stations on the GOBLIN route I tried Harringay Green Lanes and was met with the same problem, but Blackhorse Road does come up. I returned to my original plan and paid £6.85 for a network discounted Anytime Day Single to Barking.

Looking at BRfares a through Anytime Day Single fare does in fact exist between the two stations, priced with discount at £8.25 - 10p cheaper than the single to Barking + PAYG option. Is this a glitch with c2c's TVMs or do I need to look for a specific 'London Uxxx' type fare for this TfL station now?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
U-zone fares are not valid to LOROL destinations generally speaking. You need a ticket to the named station.

The TVM appears to be lacking the through fare. You could register a complaint with C2C.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top