• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheringham NNR Crossing in Use TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,568
Eastern Daily Press said:
24/04/2010 Page 21

Big Day for Rail Enthusiasts
Rail enthusiasts will get a glimpse of a charter train using a new link to the Sheringham to Holt railway line today.
A spitfire rail tours charter train will be running from Crewe to Norwich. From Norwich it will operate an excursion for its booked passengers over the newly installed level crossing at Sheringham and onto Holt.
The train is due to arrive Sheringham at 1.09pm, but is not open for passengers from Sheringham, Weyborne or Holt.
The Poppy Line will be running steam and Vintage diesl trains alternating at 45-minute intervals.
Thousands of Enthusiasts saw their dreams of reuniting the heritage Poppy Line with the Sheringham to Norwich Bittern Line realised in March, when Oliver Cromwell became the first steam loco to roll over Station Road in Sheringham for 46 years.

I just happened to come to Sheringham today, just to look at the crossing and there were laminated signs advertising this all over the area!
Only an hour to go, sorry for the delay, but as I said I have only just found out.

Shame I forgot the Camera! :(
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,568
No no no, Its in use again today!

Sorry I got the date wrong.
 
Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,568
Are you at Norwich theblackwatch?

also I assume it left NRW as 37059 front - 37423 rear?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top