• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield to Scarborough trains tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel78

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2012
Messages
103
Hi,

Not a desperate query by any stretch, just a bit curious. Tomorrow I'm travelling from London to Bridlington. I'm booked on the following train:

Doncaster (12:58) - Bridlington (14:50). Northern train from Sheffield to Scarborough.

I just wondered if anyone knows how busy the train is likely to be, and what sort of trains they use (I'm not familiar with the stock numbers people often use here). There's no seat reservations which bothers me a bit for a 2 hour journey. The other thing is I'm tall and in my experience the legroom on some Northern trains is dreadful. Ideally I just like a window seat where I can sit comfortably, forward/back facing or airline/table doesn't really bother me either way.

Thanks if anyone has some info they can chip in, like I say not a huge problem, I'll suck it up regardless :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,126
Location
Redcar
It is almost guaranteed to be a 158 (probably with an interior very much like that in the second picture on the right) unfortunately legroom on those trains is pretty dreadful in my experience so you'll either need to get a table or sit sideways. As for loadings at that time of day it probably won't be too bad but those services normally have healthy loadings during the day. I'd be surprised if it was full and standing and even if it is, nearly everyone will get off at Hull so you'll have the opportunity to nab a good seat for yourself before everyone piles on for the run up to Bridlington.
 

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
6,615
Yep you will be fine. A good portion of the passengers will get off at Doncaster which will give you a good opportunity to find a seat.
 

daniel78

Member
Joined
19 Apr 2012
Messages
103
Thanks for the info chaps. Good to know the train will empty out a bit at Doncaster. I'll make use of my years of experience travelling in London to make sure I move with a purpose to get a good seat ;) The next day I'm coming home via Seamer and York so its only the first leg (about 20 mins) I don't have a seat reservation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top