• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield to Man Airport - Sun 31st Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradders1983

Member
Joined
11 Oct 2010
Messages
692
Location
Sheffield
...on the first train of the day at 0751! Returning Friday 5th September, flight gets in at 1105.

A few questions:

- When I look at the tickets for the outbound leg on my phone, it says the following:

It is not yet known how FTPE services will be affected by engineering works from 30/08/2014 to 05/09/2014. Please check back nearer the time of travel

Anyone know what engineering works are planned? Kinda important as it will impact on how long I have to check in and I may just decide to drive instead!

- Also, if I book the 1255 return train (leaves 110 minutes to get through the airport) and we dont make the train, what happens if we miss it? Is it "tough luck, buy a new ticket" or what?

Many thanks :D
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trickyvegas

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2009
Messages
362
The Airport Advance has replaced the Airport Getaway ticket. It is a single fare train ticket with the same terms and conditions as Advance tickets. Although the ticket is train specific, as a concession, journeys starting at Manchester Airport and Liverpool John Lennon Airport can be made up to 3hrs after the specified departure time, or on the next available TransPennine Express service, if proof of a delayed flight can be produced. This is the only difference to other Advance tickets. Should your flight be delayed, please ensure that you obtain documentation from your airline that this is the case.

Taken from the ticket type section on TPE's website.
 

bradders1983

Member
Joined
11 Oct 2010
Messages
692
Location
Sheffield
OK, so on a transatlantic flight getting in at 1105, should I be booking the 1155 or the 1255 train back? If I book the 1155 and the flight isnt delayed but I just takes ages getting out the terminal (delayed bags or whatever) ,will I be covered to travel on the one an hour later?
 

trickyvegas

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2009
Messages
362
I would play safe and go for 1255. I flew in short haul, last week, hand luggage only and no passport queues and was at the station within 30 minutes. A transatlantic flight will likely be slower to disembark and I'm guessing you'll have luggage to collect so 50 minutes may be over ambitious.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top