• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield to Durham 25/11/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

syorksdeano

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2011
Messages
780
I am travelling (or as it stands I am) to Durham from Sheffield on 25th needing to be in Durham for 1pm or just after.

I have looked at trainscanbecheaper.info and it has given me some splits via Yarm, but that seems stupid as (well as far as my geography can work out) I would be going back on myself.

The issue I have is the return back as I don't know what time (but it will be the same day.

Anyone with any knowledge able to help with this?

I have no railcards but I have just had physio and feel like I would qualify for a Senior Railcard (even though I am only 36 :lol: )
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
3,695
Post deleted - did not read properly!
--
The following saves you a few pounds and is valid on all Sheffield-Durham trains (after 09:15), as all stop at York and Darlington:

SHEFFIELD to YORK OFF-PEAK DAY R Return £19.60
YORK to DARLINGTON OFF-PEAK DAY R Return £22.30
DARLINGTON to DURHAM OFF-PEAK DAY R Return £8.50
Total Fare £50.40
 
Last edited:

syorksdeano

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2011
Messages
780
Thanks for this.

These were the only splits that I could think of, with the others putting me on trains to places I never knew had stations
 

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,303
Location
Bolton
The weak link there is the crazily priced York to Darlington ticket. From memory, you can get this down simply by splitting at Northallerton if you can catch trains that call there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top