• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield Hallam University Railway Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

graezym

Member
Joined
7 Jun 2009
Messages
8
I think Im going to apply.

Anyone on here doing or has done the course?

What is the competition like for places, the assessment day, the actual course like?!

*Also, what is a train shunter job?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,298
Location
Leeds
I was going to...

Then I thought nah.

I think the competition for places is, pretty low if im honest...

And a train shunter?? Isn't that the lil loco that shunts around trains in yards etc?
 

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
1,975
a train shunter (not necessarily using a shunter engine) is basically just marshalling trains/rolling stock around the depot or yards etc. Can be quite well paid, I know it certainly is at ATW.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top