Mea maxima culpa -- I meant NEWTON STEWART. Sure an' I was afther mixing it up with the place in County Tyrone named Newtownstewart, with a "w" and all one word...I cannot trace a settlement called NEWTOWN STEWART....![]()
Mea maxima culpa -- I meant NEWTON STEWART. Sure an' I was afther mixing it up with the place in County Tyrone named Newtownstewart, with a "w" and all one word...I cannot trace a settlement called NEWTOWN STEWART....![]()
The only settlement with the name of Spital that I am aware of is the one in the Wirral area of Merseyside. Did you mean to refer to the settlement of Spittal in Northumberland?Spital, near Tweedmouth in Northumberland, is also the site of a micro-brewery.
Yes, sorry....a typo on my part! Spittal it is.The only settlement with the name of Spital that I am aware of is the one in the Wirral area of Merseyside. Did you mean to refer to the settlement of Spittal in Northumberland?
(My italics -- looks like a fictional country in Gulliver's Travels !)Pebworth in Worcestershire was also once administered by the ancient Hundred of Cefledetorn.