Xenophon PCDGS
Veteran Member
Yaddlethorpe in Lincolnshire was also once under the jurisdiction of the Glanford Brigg Poor Law Union.
Northallerton, North Yorkshire, also has a church dedicated to All Saints. (I used to have relatives -- a rather remote connection -- in Knipton; old ladies, visits to whom I remember from childhood.)Knipton in Leicestershire also lies on the line of the River Devon.
It was something that was told to me in the 1960s by a Professor at Manchester University that I still remember to this day, so I thought it was worth a mention for auld lang syne.Lead mining in Twickenham?
He did qualify his comment, by saying that the Romans did mine lead in the environs of Cromford in Derbyshire.It was something that was told to me in the 1960s by a Professor at Manchester University that I still remember to this day, so I thought it was worth a mention for auld lang syne.