• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Service reduction from Welham Green/Brookmans Park when Thameslink starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimney

Member
Joined
17 Dec 2013
Messages
8
Location
Hertfordshire
Hi there

I'd be grateful for any help with this query (And apologies if it has been answered elsewhere - can't find it anywhere though)

I notice from reading various online PDFs that there are plans afoot to reduce the number of services from Welham Green/Brookmans Park from 4 down to 2 to Moorgate from 2018 when the new Thameslink Franchise starts as most of the inner suburban trains will now go to Hertford North. What I cannot work out is whether the remaining existing services are being either scrapped or re-routed to Kings Cross. The route utilisation strategy seems to suggest there will be some trains from WGC through the new Thameslink scheme, however they will be 8 car services which cannot stop at Brookmans Park or Welham Green due to platform length.

I doubt a 50% peak time reduction in service is going to go down that well with my local long suffering commuters - does anyone know any more details? Or have I (he says hopefully) completely misread the documents?

Thanks for any help

James
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2011
Messages
3,312
I think the exact service pattern is still up in the air at the moment, however the ITT for the new Thameslink franchise requires at least 11 trains departing London 1600-1859 to stop at Brookmans Park/Welham Green. Whether these trains come from Moorgate, Kings Cross, or St Pancras is up to the new franchisee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...e/253637/tsr-minimum-specification-tables.pdf

However it does say that the off-peak frequency can be reduced to 2tph if the off-peak Welwyn service is increased to 4tph.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top