Elecman
Established Member
...but it would be nice to have the Scottish services (Glasgow and Edinburgh) as well as trains to the SouthWest back! I don't think Scotland really comes within Liverpool's region...
The Scottish ones are coming with TPE
...but it would be nice to have the Scottish services (Glasgow and Edinburgh) as well as trains to the SouthWest back! I don't think Scotland really comes within Liverpool's region...
TPE will be providing Liverpool-Glasgow via Carlisle and Liverpool-Edinburgh via Newcastle. Glasgow won't be every hour but I think there will still be more than there were in the days of class 50s and coupling to a Manchester portion at Preston....but it would be nice to have the Scottish services (Glasgow and Edinburgh) as well as trains to the SouthWest back! I don't think Scotland really comes within Liverpool's region...
What's the difference? There are trains to Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Newcastle. Clearly there isn't demand for the highest comfort 'inter city' stock except to London.
But as the Liverpool to Birmingham International service is fairly local compared to Liverpool/Crewe to London Euston services it would be ideal to attach them onto that....even better would be to put the local stops onto the new Shrewsbury-Birmingham service providing a stopper and a fast in addition to Wales services
Regional Expresses is one way of describing overcrowded Desiros and a few 158's. Ha ha.